Winters to San Francisco 46 miles. Our last day of riding. The journey’s end.

We took off a little after 7 for our last day of riding together. We thought it would be an easy mainly downhill ride, but just to make it interesting we had a fair amount of climbing, a road closure due to repairs which required us to carry our bikes over railroad tracks, a road that had a missing name tag, a police chase and apprehension, and a ferry boat ride. Once in San Francisco we road about 2 ½ miles to Crissy Field for our tire dip into the Pacific Ocean. This 2 ½ mile ride was at a top speed of about 4 miles an hour. That was not due to a climb but due to the heavy pedestrian and bike traffic. It couldn’t have been a better end. After riding hard for over 3,785+ miles we had to exhibit our riding skills by riding slow and in somewhat of a formation. I really enjoyed watching the skill and patience of each of our team members riding abilities. We had a hard climb in this short distance and not one of our team had to walk it but a number of the other tourist did.

We had the traditional tire tap in the Pacific Ocean to complete our challenge. It was hard saying goodbye to our new friends but we all knew this day would come.

As I was writing this post I was listening to music on Pandora Radio and a song came on that to me says it all and the title is “What a Wonderful World”

Kye80217 015Kye80217 012

11 thoughts on “Winters to San Francisco 46 miles. Our last day of riding. The journey’s end.

1. Steve R August 2, 2017 / 3:46 pm

You should be very proud and tired. Proud of you too. Now what?!?

• dth2017 August 2, 2017 / 10:37 pm

Rest now. Then who knows.

2. Vicki August 2, 2017 / 4:51 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON A BIKE RUN WELL DONE!!!! So glad you were able to complete the entire journey with no “hazard” incidents for you!!! Know you will cherish this, as for not only for a great cause, but for the friends and country you have seen….I applaud your accomplishment…such a great cause…my sister and Aunt both had MS, plus I know quite a few people who suffer with this disease….God Bless you for taking time for such a great adventure!!

3. Ruth Jones August 2, 2017 / 6:20 pm

Congratulation to all the riders, I love that section of California, Where my older sister. lived in Jackson, south of the path you rode.
    your yard is in great shape, I saw today while playing golf. Enjoy your rest in SF. Ruth

4. Craig August 2, 2017 / 8:16 pm

Dave, congratulations! What you have done is amazing.

5. Brad S August 2, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Awesome accomplishment, Dave – and for such good cause. I have greatly enjoyed the vicarious journey with you by following your blog from start to end. Be proud, you are part of an elite community!

6. Marc Bowen August 3, 2017 / 7:38 am

To David and Kye – Congratulations!!!
    To your friends – yes, what Dave and the rest of the Team accomplished was amazing…I know…I was there and had the pleasure of David and Kye’s company both on and off the bike. Our favorite quip when seeing an uphill hill was to proclaim “we are heading into Dave territory” and true to form, he would scamper up the hills with ease.
    I cherish our time together and miss those heavenly hydrated Korean pear slices!!
    Stay well my friends.
    HUZZA!!!

Liked by 1 person

7. Karla Zielke August 3, 2017 / 10:59 am

Outstanding job to you and the rest of the team! Many thanks to Kye as well, her journey has shown true love and devotion. Hopefully you won’t have to take a shower with a hose for a long time!

8. Christina August 3, 2017 / 2:39 pm

I am so impressed with everyone on your journey! GREAT JOB! CONRATULATIONS!
    Love to you and Kye.

9. Seo Bae August 3, 2017 / 8:23 pm

Congratulations!!!
    Dave,
    You’ve finally accomplished!

For your party time ;

10. Bonnie - EnSiteUSA Survey August 9, 2017 / 10:49 am

Congrats on such a great successful ride!